The Initial Consultation
The route to obtaining an exquisitely designed kitchen starts off with a initial consultation and or in-home measurement. Such a meeting takes place in your own home allowing us to gain an insight into the way you live and an understanding of what the kitchen means to you and your household. This would take approximately two hours, during which we spend time getting to know you, discussing your project, estimating and agreeing on a budget, developing a full and comprehensive brief, and recording detailed measurements with supporting photographs, all of which will assist us in producing an initial design concept. We will also require copies of your architect’s plans, if applicable.
We will create elevations, perspectives, and floor plans. A follow-up meeting will be needed to discuss the designs and any potential modifications you would like to make. After modifications are made, we will create an estimate for cabinetry, installation, and countertops.
Call us to make an appointment with Tammy Lee Bradley, Designer/Co-Owner at your home or in the studio.
We provide installation services for all products purchased through the Cabinet Cottage. These services are also available for products purchased elsewhere and will be quoted on a per job basis. Tear out and disposal of your existing cabinetry and appliances also available. For clients within Florida, installations are completed by licensed and insured co-owner, Christopher Bradley. He will coordinate with the other contractors that are required to complete your project. To ensure a quality installation, a pre-installation meeting will be held at your home, with designer and installer, to discuss the details of your plan and installation schedule.
Client Name: __________________________________________________________
Job Site Address: ______________________________________________________
Home Phone: _______________________ Work Phone: _______________________
Cell Phone: _________________________ Email (if preferred) ___________________ Builder/Contractor ______________________________________________________
Phone _____________________________ Mobile # __________________________
Service/s Selected: ____________________________________________________________________
Client Signature _________________________________ Date __________________
Please note: Payments for design services are non-refundable.
Please return this completed form for our files.
1. Do your cabinets feature time saving accessories such as roll-out shelves, divided drawers, lazy susan's and etc? YES NO
2. Do your cabinets have adjustable shelves and easy to clean interiors? YES NO
3. Do your cabinets have hidden hinges and roller guides? YES NO
4. Is there enough cabinet shelf space and drawers where you need them? YES NO
5. Do you have tall pantry storage and/or a broom closet in the kitchen? YES NO
6. Do you have a convenient storage spot for small handheld appliances? YES NO
7. Is all of the available wall and floor space used for well organized storage? YES NO
8. Do you have a convenient area to store mixing bowls and storage containers? YES NO
9. Is there a place to sort recyclables or to store bulky items? YES NO
1. Is there enough counter space? YES NO
2. Is the counter space located where you need it? YES NO
3. Is the countertop material easy to keep clean? YES NO
4. Have you looked at the different types of counter top materials available? YES NO
1. Do you have task lighting above the countertop? YES NO
2. Is there an attractive light fixture in the eating area? YES NO
3. Are the light switches located where you need them? YES NO
4. Do you have enough electrical outlets? YES NO
5. Is there a good ventilation system in the cooking center? YES NO
6. Do you have adequate general lighting in the kitchen and eating area? YES NO
1. Do you like the style of your sink and/or size of your sink? YES NO
2. Do you have a water filtration unit and/or instant hot water dispenser? YES NO
3. Based on the way you cook and the way your family uses the kitchen is your sink conveniently located? YES NO
4. Do you have a trash compactor or a built in trash/recycle unit? YES NO
5. Do you have a dishwasher or want a second one? YES NO
6. Do you have a microwave oven conveniently located? YES NO
7. Is your refrigerator/freezer large enough? YES NO
8. Based on the way you cook and the way your family uses the kitchen, is the refrigerator conveniently located? YES NO
9. Do you want a separate oven and cook top? YES NO
10. Are you planning on commercial grade appliances? YES NO
11. Based on the way you cook, are the oven and cooktop located where you want them? YES NO
1. Does the kitchen relate to adjacent rooms the way you would like it to? YES NO
2. Is the view from the kitchen to the outside what you would like it to be? YES NO
3. Is there a casual dining/conversation area in the room? YES NO
4. Is the kitchen arranged so that 'People Traffic' is directed away from the cook's activities? YES NO
5. Are there walls or doorways you would like to remove or relocate? YES NO
How do you use your kitchen?
1. Do you entertain large groups (more than 10)? YES NO
2. Do you have a large family (more than 5)? YES NO
3. Do you have large family gatherings or entertain on a regular basis? YES NO
4. Do you entertain large groups more than once a month? YES NO
5. Does more than one person in the household prepare full meals on a regular basis? YES NO
There are many decisions to be made and being able to refer back to the questionnaire will be helpful during the design process.
Tammy Lee Bradley
Cabinet Cottage, Inc.
Tammy Lee Bradley
Cabinet Cottage, Inc.